Creating Great Meetings at your School!
The Ohio Statewide Family Engagement Center and the State Support team along with community partners just released a Create Great Meetings interactive webinar. Don’t miss this free, complete professional learning opportunity for you and your staff. This is an one-hour professional learning opportunity for schools and districts to use with their staff to create a more welcoming environment and help families feel like part of the team. The webinar is designed for a local facilitated to customize the webinar in order to allow schools to choose when and how they present the information to their staff. All supporting documents and a facilitator’s guide are provided. This is a great opportunity for your entire staff!
The Great Meetings webinar is intended to help districts:
- Review, revise or create a systematic way to ensure your meetings are aligned to evidence-based practices.
- Ensure your practices are free of any possible barriers to participants.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of your current meeting structures.
- Identify next steps on how your meeting process will look at your district and or building.
This webinar was designed to support schools in creating welcoming environments by learning & reflecting on 3 components of meetings: setting the stage, during the meeting & following the meeting. Setting the Stage for a Great Meeting considers all the prep work and planning necessary to help families and community members feel welcome. During the Meeting goes over all topics to cover and explain during the meeting in order to help the families be included and feel part of the team. After the Meeting plans the follow up that is necessary to ensure the work gets done and families are kept informed.
Here is the link to the video presentation and the toolkit!
Included in the Toolkit:
- Facilitator’s guide
- Supporting Worksheets and Articles