Professional Learning and Events Calendar
Unpacking Specific Learning Disability (SLD) in line with Ohio’s Plan-“Each Child Means Each Child & Connection to the Dyslexia Law”
December 6, 2023
Description: This 3 Part Training Series is designed to help participants unpack evaluation legalities, practices, and procedures around Specific Learning Disability (SLD) in line with Ohio’s Plan-“Each Child Means Each Child & Connection to the Dyslexia Law”
Category: Special Education
- Participants will gain a deeper understanding of the legislative requirements for Specific Learning Disability (SLD).
- Participants will unpack myths and facts relating to identification practices (throughout the training).
- Participants will leverage Ohio’s Plan Each Child Means Each Child to explore issues of equity relating to identification practices.
- Considerations for SLD identification for students who present with competing concerns (e.g., twice exceptional, mental health, dyslexia profile, etc.).
- Participants will engage in community of practice activities with other colleagues around local control (district/school), policies & procedures for identification.
Recommended Audience: District/school leaders and educational teams will explore & examine SLD legislation, myths/facts, policies & procedures, practices, & access (equity) when conducting SLD evaluations. Participants will also connect SLD evaluation practices with Dyslexia Law requirements.
Location: Virtual. Zoom link in registration confirmation.
Most SST13 registration takes place using a Google Form. Some events will require you to register through the Ohio Professional Registry (OPR) via The Ohio Child Care Resource and Referral Association (OCCRRA). Click here for directions on how to create an OPR account.